Soft Blanket and Black Coconut
Ahhhh candles! Everybody loves them! They add warmth and cosiness your home, and, especially during this time of the year, they can really bring a Christmassy atmosphere to every room in your house. I’ll be giving my all time favourite scents, as well as some lovely Christmas candles that is sure to get you in the festive spirit!
5. Fireside Treats – “The joys of camp . . . mesmerized by the fire, singing and laughing, while toasting marshmallows to rich, gooey perfection!” This is a rather sweet scent, that I bought as my autumn/winter warming candle. It’s slightly heavy and powerful, but smells delicious, and definitely warms the room. This is great if you prefer sweet to fresh or clean scents.
4. Soft Blanket – “Wrapped in sweet dreams … a lullaby of clean citrus, luxurious vanilla and warm amber.” This scent is very calming, relaxing and is not overpowering at all. It’s perfect to light just before you get into bed, and literally reminds me of a warm, fluffy ‘soft blanket‘. They hit the nail on the head with the name of this candle! Perfect for any time of the year.
3. Black Coconut – “Sunset in paradise… rich coconut, cedarwood and island blossoms promise an evening of luxurious tranquility.” Coconut is my all time favourite scent when it comes to perfume, shower gel, shampoo etcetera. Honestly, I’m literally a walking coconut. This is slightly different to your standard coconut nut smell, and it really reminds me of a foreign country at night. It’s a light, warming scent, and I find it very relaxing. This is another perfect candle for the bedroom, especially during the summer.
2. Sunlight on Snow – “Sunlight on Snow will fill your home with a bright, fresh and beautiful mix of white musk and sandalwood.” This is a plain, but not boring, scent, that is perfectly suited to anywhere in the home. It’s warming, but also crisp and sharp, and leaves any room smelling clean and inviting. Another perfect scent for winter time.
1. Beach Walk – “Refreshing salt water and sea musk warmed with sunny notes of tangerine and orange blossom.” My all time, number one, favourite Yankee Candle scent! It’s very fresh, uplifting, and makes me think of going to the beach in a hot country. It reminds me of the summer, and I believe that this is the first candle I ever bought, so it holds a certain amountof nostalgia for me. I couldn’t recommend this scent enough, and is perfect for anywhere in the home! It’s beautiful for spring/summer.
Fireside Treats, Sunlight On Snow and Beach Walk
And, as it’s that time of year again, some of the best Christmas scents, in my opinion, are:
Sugared Apple – “A deliciously sweet apple treat… a perfect recipe of juicy apples sprinkled with sugar and vanilla.” This is so delicious! It smells like those little round hard apple sweets I used to have when I was younger, and goes really with well with the staple cinnamon Christmas scent, if you want to burn more than one candle. The sweetness is not overpowering, and reminds me of a Christmas market.
Christmas Eve – “Traditional Christmas scents of a warm hearth, sugared plums, and candied fruits.” A lovely twist on the standard cinnamon! You still get those cinnamon notes, but it’s blended with other spices, and creates a really warm, homely atmosphere. Just smelling this candle gets me excited for Christmas!
Snowflake Cookie – “A new Christmas tradition that is sure to charm: perfectly pretty holiday cookies, deliciously decorated with sugary pink icing.” This is a much more girly scent, as the pink wax suggests! It’s very pretty and sweet, and is most vanilla, with that sweet icing smell. It makes me crave cookies every time I smell it (probably not good for those of you on a diet)! A slightly different Christmas scent, that could soon become a staple!
Snowflake Cookie and Christmas Eve
I honestly don’t know how the people at Yankee Candle do it! They always pick perfect names to go with their delicious scents, and I genuinely think they’re some of the most powerful, longest lasting, nice to look at candles around! I think everyone home should have at least one, and at the prices they are, they’re hard to resist! You can purchase them here.
Thanks for reading!
– Em x